Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Orochon

Hello, Bokochaos here.
I went to dinner with my family of three, and we went to Little Tokyo last night for ramen. We caught Man versus Food about a year ago, and finally went to Orochon Ramen, or Bravery Ramen, in the native tongue. They have 2 walls of bravery, and nine different levels of broth spice, where 7 isn't spiced, and 1 is the hottest, except for special 1 and 2, which 2 is the worst.
We each got something different, I got Orochon spicy Miso ramen with egg and chashu (not the Chinese kind), my mom got Soy Sauce Orochon spice with egg, bean sprouts, and chashu, and our third got a salt with extra noodles and green onions.
Personally, it was great to get out of the cold, and eat something spicy. The first bean sprout tingled, the broth was bordering hell. I'm lame, however, as they have a broth called "special 2", where if you finish it in half an hour, broth and all, you get your picture on the wall. For an extra couple quarters, you're asking for hurt.
Personally, I hated myself from dinner, as I had stomach pains all night, and woke up this morning prepared to eat something not spicy.
The menu is cheap, about ten dollars a person, for a large bowl of food, the building's near Temple Street, take a left from Roybal, and the wait is about half an hour. What you go for is to feel pain, you leave with pain, you go back to do it again. Easily found, there's parking below the plaza, and It's on the third floor, right above a curry/rice bowl place.

No comments:

Post a Comment